Application lifecycle management is part of an R&D-as-a-Service offering or separate thereof, depending on specific needs. Data Ductus handles continuous engineering for a product or component. The aim is to improve further development of a software component and to deliver the necessary 3rd line support. Sometimes, 2nd line support is also part of this service whereas 1st line support is out-of-scope.
This service is for clients who need to re-organize or reduce the burden on their own software engineering. They are typically either:
- Software product companies
- Larger organizations with a considerable in-house production of enterprise applications which takes on the characteristics of a product that has to be maintained.
This service enables clients to:
- Introduce new engineering practices, for instance to advance from Continuous Integration to Continuous Delivery by means of DevOps practices
- Outsource maintenance of existing software components
- Benefit from software development and operational skills that the client does not have in-house.
- Secure efficient support for consumers of the developed service or application.
With the client, our expert consultants perform a pre-study to identify attractive alternatives for the maintenance or further development of an existing product. As a result, the client is able to enhance or improve existing engineering in-house practices. In addition, the project may assess sourcing and hosting alternatives. Or a change in sourcing strategy, for instance a shift from in-house data centers to an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) impacts application lifecycle practices which makes a suitable change necessary.
Data Ductus organizes an agile team that provides services directly to the client’s service consumers. Data Ductus becomes the point-of-contact for service requests, third line support (sometimes also second line) and product owners. Services are delivered within facilities and an infrastructure the client or a third party operates. But more often, Data Ductus delivers the services based on services of its own ITSM division. I the latter case, this service relates to the ITSM Operational application life cycle service. This is especially true when Data Ductus maintains and delivers the application for clients to consume more or less as Software as a Service (SaaS).
If you feel your organization could benefit from our application lifecycle services, do not hesitate to get in touch.