Proactive Service Desk for today’s complex infrastructures
Implementing a proactive Service Desk is a key part of an effective ITSM strategy. Combining the optimal service desk system – for your organizational needs – with skilled resources, ensures day-to-day operations run more smoothly, users get timely support and IT issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
In today’s multi-sourcing environments, a central Service Desk with a single point of contact (SPOC) for users is essential. A central Service Desk with high domain knowledge is also able to handle more complex issues. This leads to faster lead times and higher customer satisfaction.
Unless you have a dedicated team of service desk experts, outsourcing operations will deliver efficiencies in day-to-day operations, facilitate business, and enable you to focus on core activities.
At Data Ductus we manage the Service Desk for public and private organizations both on-prem and off-prem from our offices around Sweden.
Scoping your Service Desk needs
We analyze the organization’s needs and identify the necessary steps to meet them. Using our Service Desk Readiness Assessment we perform a GAP-analysis regarding vision, status and goals. We then develop a clear and achievable roadmap for a proactive Service Desk.
A Service Desk Readiness Assessment covers:
- Business & Operative objectives
- ITSM strategy
- Existing contracts and SLAs
- Governance models
- Collaboration model
- Service Desk delivery model
- Current tools and support setup
- Service integration and management
- Roles and responsibilities
- Best practice processes
With the analysis complete we then recommend the ideal Service Desk for your needs including the necessary features and requirements.
Implementation services Deployment services
ITSM-tool setup and implementation
We implement and evolve your ITSM-tool to meet your organization’s, users’ and regulatory requirements in a growing complex operational and support environment. As we are operator and vendor agnostic, we focus on creating a cost effective and scalable solution.
Typical activities during the implementation phase include:
- Experience-based and customer-specific processes are implemented
- Vision and objectives for how the Service Desk will be delivered are developed
- Tools are configured to support the processes
- End customer SLAs are defined
- Service catalog is defined
- Incident & Service Request integration is developed
- Knowledge-Center Support processes are defined
- Collaboration model with multi-sourcing support is defined
- Roles and responsibilities are clarified
- Centralized monitoring & measuring of deliveries
Service Desk as a Service
If you wish to outsource your Service Desk we can manage it on-prem or off-prem. Our Service Desk staff provide a user-focused and personalized Service Desk. They have extensive experience from working in a multi service provider environment. The Service Desk can be set up with a clear road map for transfer to your own organization if required.
Characteristics of a Data Ductus Service Desk:
- We guarantee total ownership of ticket life cycle, avoiding the blame-game
- High first call resolution rate
- Proactive operation that minimizes disturbances to business
- Continual service improvement is co-created trough active collboration
On-Prem Service Desk at Europe’s largest iron-ore producer
With operations in 13 countries and over 4,000 employees, LKAB wanted a single point of contact to provide business-enabling IT support, and improved vendor performance and response time. We provide LKAB’s on-premises ITIL Service Desk which includes an integrated CMDB. This supports continuous automation through a tight-knit integration with core infrastructure services.
Off-Prem Service Desk in local government
As part of a four-year agreement, Data Ductus is running the Off-Prem Service Desk for the municipality of Solna, located on the outskirts of Stockholm. The agreement included implementation of the Service Desk and ITIL processes to support a multi-sourcing environment, along with strategic advice and SIAM services.
Phone: +46 (18)413 76 56